Recommended Wine for Recipe
White Strawberry-Lemon Sangria
We all know that feeling. You’ve just arrived to a party, it’s a hot summer’s day, and you’re parched. Then you see it – sangria. Sweet, sumptuous, and with just enough fruit to make you feel healthy, sangria is the ultimate party drink. We’ve put a twist on this summer classic by adding strawberries and lemons for just a hint of tartness! Add some extra apples, oranges, or whatever other fruit your heart desires to make it your own.
2 lemons, thinly sliced
1 apple, cored and sliced
1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 bottle of white wine (a dry white like Cavit Chardonnay is best)
½ cup of light rum
4 cups of lemon-lime soda
- Add lemon slices, apples, and strawberries to a large pitcher.
- Pour the entire bottle of wine and amount of rum over the fruit.
- Refrigerate for 4 or 5 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Remove from refrigerator, add lemon-lime soda.
- Add a few pieces of leftover fruit for some extra flavor and garnish.
- Pour yourself a big glass and serve!
Source: Kitchen Treaty